Sunday, 26 June 2011

June Glossy Box

Hi Ladies xxx

So on Friday my Glossy box finally arrived I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to getting this after May's box.  I think the whole thing of getting 5 luxury surprise products through the post every month is great. 

 I was disappointed last month as I felt the product in the box weren't the right products for me.  I felt that as we had been asked to answer questions about my skin my make up preference the products would be a little more tailored to the individual however it wasn't

So on to this months!!!

How the box arrived through the post

Inside the postage box the beautiful glossy box

Glossy box

Lifting the lid

Contents
The wrapping

My products

Hopefully this will give you a clue to the size of the items

Laique Perfume
Hello, old-school glamour! Up the ante with Perles, a traditional and glamorous chype, using natural raw materials from around the world.  We adore the art deco inspired flacon, a must for any femme fatale's dressing table!

What I thought
I HATE this to me this smells like something a old lady would wear not my sort of scent at all. 

Bioeffect EGF Serum
Fell the full effect of Epidermal Growth Factor. Iceland's best kept beauty secret! A veritable potion of youth - BIOEFFECT's EGF Serum stimulates the growth of new skin cells, resulting in a great complexion, hydrated and overall younger skin. Suitable for all skin types

What I thought
To be honest I haven't tried and I'm not going to I have heard some horror stories about this breaking people out and I have struggled for years to get my skin is good condition this oil I wouldn't put it anywhere near my skin.



OPI Design Series Mini Nail Lacquer
Perfect to set off you tan, OPI's Designer Series nail lacquer comes in glittering, glamorous shades crowned with diamond dazzel for June. 


What I Thought
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT OPI is one of my favourite nail polish brands and this is stunning put it on right after opening the box I believe there were 2 colour sent out in this month box a silver and a plum I would of been happy with either but the plum colour is stunning.
Extravagance = plum colour
coronation = silver


Batiste Original Dry Shampoo
A trusted summer must have Batiste Dry Shampoo original in this handy handbag size is perfect for refreshing your style wherever you are!  Extend the life of your blow dry or add some texture to slick hair.  Batiste will leave your hair smelling and looking fabulous!

What I thought
This one has really put the cat among the pigeons Glossy Box state they are supplying HIGH END brands I don't think Batiste is high end.  That's not saying I don't like it Batiste is one of my favourite products.  I have to say I was happy to see it in my box as its a product I love and will use.

MAMA MIO Omega Body Buff
Kind, but effective, this gentle blend of Sweet Almond Oil, Chamomile, Aloa Vera, Vitamin E and micro-ground Pumice removes dead skin cells and encourages renewal. Skin this touchable is addictive! 

What I thought

I really like this product its smells really good leaves my skin really soft please I got to try it.

So overall again its 3 out of 5 for me with 2 products I will never use as there not for me at all.  I have to say I am not sure if I will be continuing with Glossy box as I feel the company although new are very disorganised I think the boxes should be sent out on the same day ever month they should look at the products they are supplying to get them to meet there customers needs more.  I wish the contents of the box was half as good as the packaging cause that alone is worth the money.  

Also to add insult to injury when I signed up they were offering the Glossy Box at £10 a month with free postage however this week everyone has been sent a email to say that it was a special offer and they will now be charging for the postage so the box will cost about £13 I feel this was a afterthought and have added this on seeing how popular the boxes have been.  

Well Glossy box you now have one less subscriber.  

6 comments:

  1. Its such a shame that it didn't work out for you, but if they are going to mess around, then it looks like you made the right choice! I am yet to try it, though I might some time over the summer, although £13 is a lot to be paying once a month on something you are not sure about! But try everything once, I suppose! Yeah, Baptist isn't really high end, whats up with that!?

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the reviews you have left here are really on point, I am thinking about leaving more reviews about beauty products on my website but havent got round to it yet as been really busy.

    You have given me some really good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with the part where you say that they should send the box at the same date evry month. I also agree with Batiste not being an high end product, but in the end, if that's all the sponsors they got, what can we do?

    I really hoping they will address publicly on all the issues tomorrow, as a lot of things happen that make them look in a negative light (Batiste, P&P and ignoring complaints). Otherwise, I have nothing to complain about.

    Some people have been whining that they got samples (well, you did sign up for a sample service), some that the brands were unknow (once again, this is a service to test new things and discover new brands) and that there was no MAC products (those girls live in denialvil1e!).

    Of course some products will please you, some won't. Personally, I like them all, except the perfume. I do hope that with time, more companies will sign up and more choices will be introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree with the part where you say that they should send the box at the same date evry month. I also agree with Batiste not being an high end product, but in the end, if that's all the sponsors they got, what can we do?

    I really hoping they will address publicly on all the issues tomorrow, as a lot of things happen that make them look in a negative light (Batiste, P&P and ignoring complaints). Otherwise, I have nothing to complain about.

    Some people have been whining that they got samples (well, you did sign up for a sample service), some that the brands were unknow (once again, this is a service to test new things and discover new brands) and that there was no MAC products (those girls live in denialvil1e!).

    Of course some products will please you, some won't. Personally, I like them all, except the perfume. I do hope that with time, more companies will sign up and more choices will be introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the reviews you have left here are really on point, I am thinking about leaving more reviews about beauty products on my website but havent got round to it yet as been really busy.

    You have given me some really good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bakesbeautyblog9 July 2011 at 14:32

    i was happy with the batiste as i love the stuff however i feel as a company they should of got all the fine details correct before launching it. As a customer i hate been promised the earth only to get second best and i feel left down by this servie i have decided to try one more box and then thats it but i think glossy box are a terrible company.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...