Monday, 27 June 2011

MUA Collection & Review - A Collaboration

Hiya Lovelies,

This is a really special post because it is a joint post between myself and my Blogging Bestie Rachel from A Pretty Obsession Bakes Beauty & Blog I am really excited because we have really similar views on most products :) Great minds eh..

So what we are doing is going through our collections of MUA make up and doing a review on both the products and brand.

So here is my Rachels collection - I find it quite hard to get my hands on MUA living in ROI but it is so worth the journey and I have called in the help of some of my blogging buddies to get my hands on most of this collection (Thank u Dee)

My absolute fave of MUA's products have got to be their eyeshadows. I still cannot get over the quality, pigmentation and the value for money that these eyeshadows offer. Ahhhhhmazing for £1.00. I have 6 shades so here you go.


Shade: 1 (Cream Pearl), 4 (Pale Purple with Pink Toned Pearl), 9 (Darker Purple with Pink Toned Pearl)


Swatches (9,4,1 - all Pearls)


And this is shade 4 in the inner section and blends out to shade 9 in the outer corner (Also shade 15 Pearl as an eyeliner and MUA mascara)


Shade: 15 (Black Pearl), 13 (Dark Purple Pearl), 14 (Dark Green Pearl)


Swatches (14,13,15 - all Pearls)


And this is shade 1 as a highlighter and in the inner section and blends out to shade 14 in the outer corner (Also shade 15 Pearl as an eyeliner and MUA mascara)

I also have a couple of eye dusts and 1 blush. I do like the eye dusts and they work very well both dry and with a setting spray on the brush. The blush is also amazing and the smell off it is gorgeous. I really wanna pick up a few more blushes. Again all of these are £1.00


Eye Dust Shade 2 (Purple) and 1(Silver Glitter) and Blush shade 1 (Pale Pink)

Next on my list is the 1 eye liner I have and a mascara. The eyeliners are really soft and give great colour pay off as you can see and the mascara is the one I am wearing every day at the minute. You can see in the pictures above it separates out you lashes really nice.




Eye Liner shade Lovely Lilac and Mascara Shade 5


And lastly my lip products of which I have some nice ones. I have 2 lipglosses with applicators and one tube gloss. I also have one lipstick. All the lip products are moisturising with great colour pay off and they are not sticky or smelly, they do smell but they smell yummy :)


Gloss shade 4 (mauve kind of pink), tube gloss shade 4 (peachy gold undertones), gloss shade 2 (glittery red) and lipstick shade 4 (palest pink)


Swatches are the same order as above.

So that is it my lovelies, my entire MUA collection. I love this brand :) I am a push over for affordable cosmetics like this and you cannot go wrong at £1.00 each. I am really looking forward to getting some more of the regular line and also sampling some of the new Pro Line they have out which looks amazing.

I will now pass you on to Kelly who i think will also have a few nice words to say about MUA ;)


Hi xx


Well what more can I can to Rachel's already glowing review of the MUA products.  I love finding drug store brands which really sucker punch some of the big brands and so far have not been let down by any of the MUA products I have brought.


I think what is really important is that all these items cost £1 and whereas you might make excuses for items which cost so little, if the don't perform you would say "well they did only cost a £1" with these products it's the element of surprise how well the do work for only£1.


MUA shade 17 matt finish - creamy nude
MUA shade 2 pearl finish - white shimmer
MUA shade 19 matt finish - rich dark brown




Swatches Sorry they are not better !!

Now these eye shadow are so silky soft and the colour is easy to blend and very buildable.  I love them I have high end eye shadows in similar colours and I do use these more then them and for the money you can not go wrong.




MUA Mascara - shade 4 - brown

This is the only brown mascara I own and to be honest I normally wear black so I thought I would give this a whirl and since buying it I have used nearly everyday.  Not going to lie and tell you its the best mascara I have ever used cause its not but for a everyday mascara it does what I need it to do and does it well.


 MUA Lipstick shade 3


I brought this as my 6 year old daughter as she had her dance show and I need to get her some make up to wear.  So I took her into Superdrug and let her have her pick.  Again I was anything but disappointed now this isn't a shade I would wear but I was impressed with the texture and staying power of this lipstick I will definitely be going and picking one up for me on my next trip.
 MUA Eye liner shade rich brown


This is now my favourite eye liner is compares to my high end ones and in some ways is better I love how it has the sharpener on the top so I'm not left searching the house for one.  It is so creamy and last for a very long time.
MUA Lip Gloss shade 3


MUA Lip Gloss Swatch

I wear lip gloss more than I do lip sticks as I find lipsticks a night mare that you have to keep reapplying them where as with the lip gloss they seem to wear off without it been to noticeable.  MUA lip glosses are really hard wearing are not sticky the colour pay off is really good.


 So all in all I would say next time you are in Superdrug stop by the MUA stand and try some of the samples. I bet you don't leave there empty handed!


And watch this space for the MUA Pro range when its back in-stock I know 2 girls who will be making some purchases.


2 comments:

  1. black pearl looks pretty and i love all of the lippies!!! i really want to try their products

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, the colors are very vibrant :)

    http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...